Can't log in: Sorry, unrecognized username or password.
Problem or Known Issue:
When you try to log in, you get an error message saying: "Sorry, unrecognized username or password."
Why it happens:
- Due to current technical restrictions, network passwords and Drupal passwords are not synced;
- Only those who go through training get Drupal ids; and
- Server names change.
- Try the following:
- If you've recently changed your network id, let us know and we'll update your user id in Drupal.
- Try an old network password, or another one you frequently use.
- Select the "Request new password tab" on the user page (grinnell.edu/user). You will get an email at your grinnell.edu account with a temporary password.
- If you had a BornFree id, but don't have a Drupal id, contact us about getting a user id and training.
- Make sure you are logging in to the correct system: http://www.grinnell.edu/user after launch
- Grinnell.edu Help
- Website Standards
- Resources & How-Tos
- Drupal Glossary
- Drupal Help Blog
- "Not a Valid URL"
- "This post can't be referenced."
- "Title Mismatch"
- Can't change Section Assignment
- Can't edit faculty/staff list
- Can't edit something
- Can't log in
- Committee fields doubling
- Faculty/staff list broken
- Faculty/staff list in wrong order
- Forms missing grid enteries
- Forms won't display
- I can't find the node I want in an autocomplete field
- Image/File doesn't load/display properly
- Menu link goes to parent
- Missing Section Assignment
- Person doesn't show in view
- Weird code at top of page/content
- Who to Talk to
- Bug Reporter
- Feature Request
- Request Training or New Help Content