Person not showing up
Person record exists for a student, faculty, or staff member, but the person is not showing up on the list they're supposed to be showing up on.
Many lists of people are handled through views, which automatically pull people based on certain criteria.
For example: to pull a list of faculty members for the history department, the view would look for person records that are have Type set to faculty and have History listed under Unit (in the faculty/staff section of the person record). If a record doesn't meet the criteria for a view, it will not show up.
Note: A person can show up in multiple locations. The view is not based on where their person record is in the menu structure or whether or not it's hidden.
Check the following:
- Is the person tagged as the correct Type (role such as faculty or student)?
- Is the person assigned to the correct Unit (History, Admission, etc.)?
- Is the person record published?
- Is the person set up as a Person content type? (Remember, a person content type is different from a page content type.)
If these settings appear correct, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll check the criteria for the view.
- Grinnell.edu Help
- Website Standards
- Resources & How-Tos
- Drupal Glossary
- Drupal Help Blog
- "Not a Valid URL"
- "This post can't be referenced."
- "Title Mismatch"
- Can't change Section Assignment
- Can't edit faculty/staff list
- Can't edit something
- Can't log in
- Committee fields doubling
- Faculty/staff list broken
- Faculty/staff list in wrong order
- Forms missing grid enteries
- Forms won't display
- I can't find the node I want in an autocomplete field
- Image/File doesn't load/display properly
- Menu link goes to parent
- Missing Section Assignment
- Person doesn't show in view
- Weird code at top of page/content
- Who to Talk to
- Bug Reporter
- Feature Request
- Request Training or New Help Content