Faculty/staff views show an error, not people
Your faculty or staff list is blank. Instead you get an error such as: "There are no faculty that meet this criteria."
The Name field in the Unit node for the department or office has changed.
When displaying a list of faculty or staff, Drupal look for person records assigned to a particular unit. It looks at the name of the department when doing so.
When someone changed the name of the unit (on the Unit node for the department), the person records reflect the new name of the unit, but the view is still looking for the old name.
- 10 staff members are assigned to the "Quidditch Support" department through their person nodes.
- Someone changes the name of the unit to "Wizard Athletic Support".
- Now the staff are assigned to "Wizard Athletic Support" (because the person records use a node id, which didn't change), but the view is still looking for people assigned to "Quidditch Support".
Contact [webguys] before you change a unit name. Give them the old unit name, the new unit name, and the url(s) for any staff/faculty view(s) affected. You'll need to do this even if you're just fixing a typo.
We'll coordinate the switch with you so we can update the views when you update the name.
- Grinnell.edu Help
- Website Standards
- Resources & How-Tos
- Drupal Glossary
- Drupal Help Blog
- "Not a Valid URL"
- "This post can't be referenced."
- "Title Mismatch"
- Can't change Section Assignment
- Can't edit faculty/staff list
- Can't edit something
- Can't log in
- Committee fields doubling
- Faculty/staff list broken
- Faculty/staff list in wrong order
- Forms missing grid enteries
- Forms won't display
- I can't find the node I want in an autocomplete field
- Image/File doesn't load/display properly
- Menu link goes to parent
- Missing Section Assignment
- Person doesn't show in view
- Weird code at top of page/content
- Who to Talk to
- Bug Reporter
- Feature Request
- Request Training or New Help Content