Open Access@Grinnell College
Digital technologies can expand access to learning and scholarship in ways not possible with a paper-based publishing system, for the benefit of learners across the world and the scholarly authors as well. In April 2013, the Grinnell College Faculty voted to give Grinnell College permission to disseminate worldwide, through the Digital Grinnell repository, their scholarly articles published in peer-reviewed journals after April 15. Faculty agreed to amend their publishing contract -- if necessary -- to permit this deposit. Waivers to this agreement are granted by the Dean's Office upon request (use the form below). The resolution also encourages faculty and staff to make their curricular material and other scholarly publications freely available through Digital Grinnell.
- Grinnell College Open Access Resolution
- Submit your work to Digital Grinnell
- Request a waiver
- Check your journal's publishing policy. It may already permit deposit in a local repository
- Amend your publishing contract to retain the right to deposit.
Learn more about scholarly communication and open access:
- Background on Grinnell's Open Access Resolution
- A Very Brief Introduction to Open Access
- Lever Press - Grinnell College is a founding member of Lever Press, a peer-reviewed, open-access, and digitally native scholarly press that is funded by a consortium of liberal arts college libraries.
- Next Steps at Lever Press (Summer 2016) [coming soon]