Grinnellians in Neuroscience: Foundations, Future, and Fallacies, a 200-level neuroscience course, celebrated Brain Week 2013 with Grinnell Middle School students.
The students hosted them at the college and lead them through neuroscience-related activities such as:
- Seeing how a lego robot is programmed to sense and respond to them;
- using special glasses to alter their vision, such as flipping their vision upside-down;
- exploring circuits;
- experiencing a phantom hand;
- learning about chemical senses and taste; and
- experimenting with a wired cockroach leg.