Remembering Martin Luther King Jr.
- On the anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.,
- Grinnell College joins the nation in remembering a man whose dream of
- civil rights for all changed our nation, and whose words still resonate
- King delivered his final Iowa speech, "Remaining Awake During a
- Revolution," on October 29, 1967 in Darby Gymnasium on Grinnell's
- We are unable to publish the speech online due to copyright
- rules, but King gave a very similar speech, Remaining Awake Through a Great Revolution, in 1968 at the National Cathedral, Washington, D.C.
- Locals recall King's Eastern Iowa visits (Cedar Rapids Gazette)
- King's '67 Grinnell speech still resonates, listeners say (Des Moines Register)
- 40 years later (Cityview)
- National Convocation on Liberal Arts Colleges in a World of Change, 1967
(The Grinnell Magazine - slideshow)