New Electronic Resources
August 7 2017 11:47 am
Available via our Databases A-Z webpage:
- Academic OneFile is a comprehensive collection (82.7+ million articles) of authoritative periodicals and scholarly journals.
- Biography and Genealogy Master Index indexes over 2,000 publications containing biographical information on noteworthy people, living and deceased, from all over the world. A wide range of fields of endeavor and periods of history are represented in its sources.
- Book Review Index Online includes more than 5 million book reviews, allowing users to conduct research in numerous disciplines, including literature, history, education, psychology, and more.
- Business Insights: Global contains detailed company and industry profiles including SWOT reports, market share reports, and financial reports.
- Credo Reference Academic Core Collection includes over 650 titles with particular emphasis on subject encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, and reference handbooks. Also included are over 1,000 short reference videos, nearly 300,000 high-resolution art images, and thousands of additional images across all subject areas.
- Educators Reference Complete is a comprehensive collection (12.7+ million articles) of periodicals and reference content supporting the education field.
- Foreign Broadcast Information Service Daily Reports 1941-1996 is an archive of 20th Century news from around the world and especially provides global views on United States foreign and domestic policy after World War II.
- Gale Newsstand is a comprehensive collection (185+ million articles) of current and archival news content.
- General OneFile is a comprehensive collection (164+ million articles) of general interest magazines.
- Global Issues in Context integrates news, global viewpoints, reference materials, country information, primary source documents, videos, statistics, and more in a single search and offers 250 different country topic pages and more than 400 issue pages.
- GREENR (Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources) provides news, background information, video, unique commentaries, primary source documents and statistics in highly accessible, visually appealing research areas including energy systems, healthcare, food, climate change, population, and economic development.
- Health Reference Center Academic contains periodicals and reference book content supporting research in health studies.
- Independent Voices; Reveal Digital is a digital collection of alternative press newspapers, magazines, and journals drawn from the special collections of participating libraries. This collection currently contains 14,620 issues comprising 448,803 pages.
- Informe Academico is a comprehensive collection (8.7+ million articles) of publications supporting the most-studied disciplines in Latin America.
- Joint Publications Research Service 1957-1995 contains global perspectives on high-interest issues from 1957 to 1995; it is ideal for researching socioeconomic, political, environmental, scientific, technical, and military issues and events.
- JSTOR e-books involve a continually expanding collection of over 50,000 titles covering all subject areas (though mainly the Social Sciences and Humanities). This purchase has been done in conjunction with Drake University and Luther College. The individual e-book titles can be searched and located through the Library Catalog.
- JSTOR Sustainability Collection explores journals, e-books and research reports on environmental stresses and their impact on society. Research spans the Biological Sciences, Business & Economics, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Law, Public Health, Urban Studies, and many other disciplines — interlinked with all databases; provides full text in the background.
- Knowledge Unlatched Collection 2016 includes 343 titles from 54 publishers: 147 front list and 196 backlist books. KU received enough support from libraries to unlatch the entire collection. The individual e-book titles can be searched and located through the Library Catalog.
- LegalTrac provides indexing for more than 1,200 major law reviews, legal newspapers, specialty publications, Bar Association journals, and international legal journals, including more than 200 titles in full text. It offers coverage of federal and state cases, laws and regulations, legal practice and taxation, as well as British Commonwealth, European Union, and international law.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context is an online resource covering today's hottest social issues, from capital punishment to immigration. It is a rich resource for debaters and includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more.
- Project MUSE E-book Archive Complete Foundation Collection includes over 10,000 titles in the Humanities and Social Sciences largely published through 2010. The individual e-book titles can be searched and located through the Library Catalog.
- ScienceDirect College Edition Complete Journal Collection includes access to current and past journal content across three subject collections: Health & Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Social & Behavioral Science — interlinked with all databases; provides full text in the background.
- Taylor & Francis Science & Technology Journal Collection covers current content from over 500 peer-reviewed academic journals, plus a 20-year rolling backfile, where available—interlinked with all databases; provides full text in the background.
- The Annual Reviews Economics Collection, 2009-2017 covers significant developments in the field of economics, including macroeconomics and money; microeconomics, including economic psychology; international economics; public finance; health economics; education; economic growth and technological change; economic development; social economics, including culture, institutions, social interaction, and networks; game theory, political economy, and social choice; agriculture, natural resources, and the environment; industrial organization; the internal organization of firms; risk and insurance; experimental economics; and labor, demography, and retirement—interlinked with all databases; provides full text in the background.
- Transparent Language Online is one of the most complete language-learning systems for independent learners; requires users to set up an individual account (in order to track language learning).
- World Scholar: Latin America and the Caribbean is a collection of primary source documents about Latin America and the Caribbean; academic journals and news feeds covering the region; reference articles and commentary; maps and statistics; audio and video; and more.