Grinnell, IA -
Grinnell College recognized the professional accomplishments and service contributions of six alumni during Alumni Reunion Weekend, June 3-5 on the Grinnell campus. Alumni Award winners are members of reunion classes who have distinguished themselves in their careers and communities and embody Grinnell’s mission of life-long learning and service.
The recognized alumni include:
• Jane Richardson Bredeson, a member of the class of 1951 from Concord, N.H., for her work to improve educational institutions.
• Joanne Bunge, a member of the class of 1956 from Grinnell, Ia., for her service to the college and alumni.
• Marilyn J. Kelsey, a member of the class of 1961 from Bloomington, Ind., for her dedication to public education and student journalism.
• F. Hudson Miller, a member of the class of 1980 from Los Angeles, for his award-winning sound work on highly acclaimed films.
• Ellen R. McDonald, a member of the class of 1981 from Kansas City, Mo., for her commitment to non-profit management and consulting,
• Charles E. Gottdiener, a member of the class of 1986 from Tenafly, N.J., for his business success and support to aspiring Grinnell students.