Grinnell College recognized the professional accomplishments and service contributions of six alumni during Alumni Reunion Weekend, June 3-5 on the Grinnell campus. Alumni Award winners are members of reunion classes who have distinguished themselves in their careers and communities and embody Grinnell’s mission of life-long learning and service.
The recognized alumni include:
• Jane Richardson Bredeson, a member of the class of 1951 from Concord, N.H., for her work to improve educational institutions.
• Joanne Bunge, a member of the class of 1956 from Grinnell, Ia., for her service to the college and alumni.
• Marilyn J. Kelsey, a member of the class of 1961 from Bloomington, Ind., for her dedication to public education and student journalism.
• F. Hudson Miller, a member of the class of 1980 from Los Angeles, for his award-winning sound work on highly acclaimed films.
• Ellen R. McDonald, a member of the class of 1981 from Kansas City, Mo., for her commitment to non-profit management and consulting,
• Charles E. Gottdiener, a member of the class of 1986 from Tenafly, N.J., for his business success and support to aspiring Grinnell students.
Grinnell College is a nationally recognized, private, four-year, liberal arts college located in Grinnell, Iowa. Founded in 1846, Grinnell enrolls 1,600 students from all 50 states and from as many international countries in more than 26 major fields, interdisciplinary concentrations, and pre-professional programs. -30-