GRINNELL, IA--Grinnell College's Faulconer Gallery is offering free hands-on art activities for area children and families throughout June and July.
The Faulconer Arts Outreach in the Parks will offer children a choice of activities at each session held on-campus and in city parks. Activities include ceramics, painting, drawing, collage, truck glittering, sculpture, and more, according to Tilly Woodward, curator of academic and community outreach. No registration is required, and parents are welcome to participate with their children.
The Faulconer Arts Outreach program schedule includes:
• June 21, 10:30 a.m. – noon, Arbor Lake shelter house
• June 23, 10:30 a.m. – noon, Bucksbaum Center for the Arts
• June 28, 10:30 a.m. – noon, Merrill Park, west shelter
• July 1, 3:30 – 5 p.m., Central Park
• July 6, 10:30 a.m. – noon, Ahrens Park shelter house
• July 7, 10:30 a.m.– noon, Bucksbaum Center for the Arts
• July 12, 10:30 a.m.– noon, Central Park
• July 14, 10:30 a.m. – noon, Bailey Park
• July 19, 10:30 a.m. – noon, Jim Miller Park
• July 21, 10:30 a.m. – noon, Bucksbaum Center for the Arts
• July 26, 10:30 a.m. – noon, Jaycee Park
• July 28, 10:30 a.m. – noon, Bucksbaum Center for the Arts
Faulconer Gallery will also offer a series of puppetry and performance workshops, June 30, July 1-2, featuring the internationally known Eulenspiegel Puppets. Registration is required for some of these free shadow, finger, and hand puppet workshops by contacting Woodward at 641-269-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For a complete listing of Eulenspiegel events, visit the Faulconer Gallery
website at http://www.grinnell.edu/faulconergallery/events.
In addition, Faulconer Gallery is partnering with Drake Community Library, area 4-H groups, Poweshiek County Fair, The Galaxy, and the Davis Stars program to provide off-site programming. Groups interested in planning an activity in Faulconer Gallery, should contact Woodward.
The Faulconer Arts Outreach summer programs are made possible by partnerships with Faulconer Gallery, Drake Community Library, Iowa Arts Council, Grinnell Area Arts Council, Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce, and Grinnell Parks and Recreation.