Grinnell, IA -
Grinnell College's Faulconer Gallery is offering free hands-on art activities for area children and families throughout June and July.
The Faulconer Arts Outreach in the Parks will offer children a choice of activities at each session held on-campus and in city parks. Activities include ceramics, painting, drawing, collage, truck glittering, sculpture, and more, according to Tilly Woodward, curator of academic and community outreach. No registration is required, and parents are welcome to participate with their children.
The Faulconer Arts Outreach program schedule includes:
• June 18 10:30 a.m. – noon Arbor Lake Shelter House
• June 20 10:30 a.m. – noon Bucksbaum Center for the Arts, north side
• June 25 10:30 a.m. – noon Merrill Park West Shelter
• June 27 10:30 a.m. – noon Drake Community Library
• July 2 10:30 a.m. – noon Bailey Park
• July 9 10:30 a.m. – noon Ahrens Park Shelter #1
• July 11 10:30 a.m. – noon Bucksbaum Center for the Arts, north side
• July 16 10:30 a.m. – noon Central Park
• July 18 10:30 a.m. – noon Bucksbaum Center for the Arts, north side
• July 20 10:30 a.m. – noon Poweshiek County Fairgrounds
• July 23 10:30 a.m. – noon James Miller Park
• July 25 10:30 a.m. – noon Bucksbaum Center for the Arts, north side
On Thurs., Aug. 2, from 5-6:30 p.m., Faulconer Gallery will host “Defining Moments,” an exhibition and reception for young artists who created work during these summer outreach programs.
Faulconer Gallery is also partnering with Drake Community Library, City of Grinnell Parks and Recreation, Grinnell Community Day Care/Preschool Day Camp, Davis Stars, the Galaxy and Galaxy’s new programs at Montezuma and Brooklyn on a variety of events. Registration is required for some of these events, and more information is available from the individual organizations.
For more information on the Faulconer Arts Outreach in the Parks program, contact Tilly Woodward at 641-269-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.