It takes a lot of people doing a lot of work to make an institution like Grinnell College run. We're all busy.
This can make it hard to get help from other people who are just as busy. as you Similarly, it's hard for the Web Guys to offer you help that fits in both your and our schedules.
This line of thought brought us to make the Training Request Form.
It takes just a few seconds to use and it helps us know who needs training for what when. Best of all, you can get to it from any page in the Help Section because it's in the menu over there:
If clicking isn't your thing, type in "http://www.grinnell.edu/help/request-training" in your browser and you're ready to request some help.
Here's a list of all the types of training you can request:
- Basic Training - Get started with Drupal and get your user id.
- Restart - Been awhile since you last used Drupal? Get a refresher on the basics.
- Accessibility - Learn how to make your web pages, pdfs, and other documents accessible, and why it's so important.
- Open Support Session - Join other editors working on your site's pages alongside power users and webguys who can answer your questions.
- Advanced Content Types - Learn how to use Event/Event Series, Publications, People, and multimedia content types to spice up your pages and/or save you time and frustration.
- Site Management - Learn how to streamline your pages, whip your content into shape, fix menus, and find the right words to help your users find what they're looking for.
- Best Practices - Learn tips and tricks to help you save time, reduce frustration and get the result you expect.
- Other - Want something we don't normally offer? Describe it below and we'll see what we can do for you.
Any time a critical mass of one of these trainings is reached, we'll find a time to schedule training so you can make the changes to the website that you need to make. The Web Guys love this because it means we'll never walk into an empty classroom and lose an hour of our day.
Improving the Help Section
Besides requesting a training, you can also request improvements or additions to the Help Section of the site.
Remember, chances are if you need something, other people do too. Requesting an addition to the Help Section will help others!