Submitting to Campus Memo
Here are some tips to help you get the word out about announcements, events, faculty, staff, and students.
- Submit your items no later than 5 p.m. the Thursday prior to Tuesday’s publishing date using the "Submit Announcement" or "Submit Event" buttons on the GrinnellShare homepage.
- Make sure all Campus Memo and calendar submissions contain a detailed description of the event.
- If you already have events tentatively planned for the next academic year, email that list in advance to Sarah Gearhart-Anderson in Communications.
- Email any advance photos to Sarah Gearhart-Anderson.
- An event will only appear in the Featured Events section once before moving to the Calendar Highlights section.
- Memo items typically are 40 words or fewer. For longer submissions, we will put in a link to the rest of the story.
- Calendar Highlights typically don’t have repeating events listed, but we can work with you on ways to showcase repeating events.
- If you have questions about your submission, don’t hesitate to call Sarah Gearhart-Anderson at (641) 269-3400.
- During the summer months, the Memo will be published biweekly, but that is subject to change.
We will help you make sure important events are featured, but since the Memo is curated, not every submission is guaranteed to appear. Space is limited in our e-newsletter format. Also, Memo submissions will be edited for clarity, length, and style.