Your adviser is a primary resource for you as you make decisions about your comprehensive academic plan. In addition, the college offers many resources - all on-line - to assist you:
- Departmental Advising Information is an important section of this resource. Read it carefully, as it will provide helpful instruction for each department.
- The Online Schedule of Courses displays the courses (including catalog descriptions and prerequisite information) being offered in a particular semester. The online schedule is searchable by subject, level, time of day, and instructors name. This service along with other registration resources is available via the Registrar's webpage.
- The Grinnell College Academic Catalog is the official listing of all courses offered at Grinnell College. Just click on "Courses of Study" to find a list of courses by department. The Catalog does not tell you which courses are offered in which semesters; for that information you need to check the Online Schedule of Courses. The Catalog explains how Grinnell defines a liberal arts education - see the section on "Education in the Liberal Arts."
- The Academic Evaluation in PioneerWeb helps you check your progress toward a Grinnell degree. You should be able to access this feature shortly after July 1 from your PioneerWeb account, in the "Academic Information" section.
- The Student Handbook lists all of the academic policies you should be aware of, and is a terrific guide for future planning - including information about internships, off-campus study, and independent majors.