A Familiar Face Returns to the Libraries
Karla Landers joined us as a library assistant in Acquisitions and Serials department in December 2013.
Karla has ten years of library experience, working previously in Burling Library (Serials, Acquisitions, Government Documents, and Circulation), Iowa State University Parks Library (Stacks Management), and at North Polk Community Schools (West Elementary Library Associate). She has a B.A. in Elementary Education with reading endorsement from Wartburg College.
3Search, Our New Discovery Tool
Use 3Search to explore 3 sets of resources at the same time:
- Grinnell's Collections (including the library catalog, Digital Grinnell, and the College's archives and manuscript collections),
- WorldCat, and
- More than 20 article databases from EBSCOhost.
3Search is based on VuFind, an open source library search system developed at Villanova University.
- American Indian Histories and Cultures
- A wide-ranging digital resource presenting a unique insight into interactions between American Indians and Europeans from their earliest contact right up to the civil rights movement of the mid-twentieth century. Includes manuscripts, artwork and rare printed books, photographs and newspapers.
- Des Moines Register Online (Nov. 2002-present)
- Historical Chicago Tribune (1849-1986)
- A great source for tracing the development of Chicago and the Midwest, and to study subjects as diverse as politics, architecture, social reform and art.
- LGBT Thought and Culture
- An online resource of books, periodicals, and archival materials documenting LGBT political, social and cultural movements throughout the twentieth century and into the present day.
- National Newspapers Expanded
- Now includes Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Denver Post and USA Today.
- Oxford Classical Dictionary, 4th edition
- Covers all aspects of the classical world from literature and history to religion, science, and archaeology; contains many thematic entries on subjects relevant to the 21st century such as nationalism, race, gender, and ecology.
- Oxford Encyclopedia of American Social History
- The more than 450 entries help readers develop a richer framework for understanding the social experience of Americans throughout history.
- Sage Education Journals Subject Collection
- Online access to 69 Education journals published by Sage
- Sage Psychology Journals Subject Collection
- Online access to 69 Psychology journals published by Sage
To access these databases, please visit Libraries Databases A-Z list.