Benefits and Insurance for Bargaining Unit Employees
See below for:
Holidays :: Vacation :: Sick Leave/Personal Time Off :: Admission to College Events
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving Day
- Day before Christmas Day
- Christmas Day
- Four floating holidays, coordinated with the Christmas holidays
- Hours are earned based upon the hours actually worked, excluding overtime
- Years of Service / Earned Vacation Days :: 1 through 6 years / 10 days (.0400 per hour), 7 through 14 years / 15 days (.0613 per hour), 15+ years / 20 days (.0834 per hour)
- Eligibility begins on first day of work. Employee must complete six months of work prior to using any vacation time.
- Vacation must be taken within 18 months from date posted or accrual will discontinue.
- Accumulated at the rate of one working day for each month of employment.
- Unused sick leave may be accumulated to a maximum of 2,080 hours (one year.)
- Eligibility begins on first day of work.
Personal Time Off
- Employee must have a balance of at least 72 hours of sick leave by July 1.
- May convert up to 24 hours of sick leave to personal time off.
- Conversions occur annually on July 1 following first-year of employment anniversary.
- Eligibility begins following one complete fiscal year of employment.
Admission to College Events
- Free admission to most college events for employees and family
- Free use of the Physical Education Center
For additional questions about these benefits, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 641-269-4818.
Questions via email may be directed to any of the following staff members:
Stacy Koehler, HR Generalist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jana Johnson, HR Generalist (email@example.com)
Jim Mulholland, Assistant Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Holidays :: Sick Leave/Personal Time Off :: Vacation :: Admission to College Events ::
Bookstore Discount :: Educational Benefits :: Uniforms :: Employee Assistance Program ::
Health :: Dental :: Life Insurance :: Travel/Accident :: Long-Term Disability :: Retirement