Benefits and Insurance for Bargaining Unit Employees
See below for: College Bookstore Discount :: Educational Benefits :: Uniforms :: Employee Assistance Program
College Bookstore Discount
- 10% discount on most purchases
- Tuition remission (100%) to Grinnell College for dependent children of employees; children must qualify for admission; employee must have been employed full-time by the college for two years.
- Special Student Status: Employee and spouse may take courses free at Grinnell College; limited to two courses per semester for spouse, one course per semester for employee; approval of registrar required; course must have space available.
- Tuition Cash Grant of $1,500 per year (per child) while attending other accredited institution under eligibility requirements above.
- Exchange program with Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM) and Great Lakes College Association (GLCA) schools; same eligibility rules as at Grinnell College.
- Individuals should contact the attending institution to determine the actual amount of this benefit.
- New employees will be issued five uniforms, if required.
- One new uniform will be issued per year thereafter.
- Safety shoes will be provided to those who require them.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Eligible first day of work.
- Employer provided benefit for employee and family members living in the home, and legal dependents who may live elsewhere.
- Up to five sessions per year, per separate issue, for assessment, short-term counseling and referrals to additional resources as needed. Sessions are provided by licensed master's and doctorate level counselors at locations near your home or workplace.
- Additional sessions may be covered by health insurance.
- Legal and financial consultation.
- Eldercare resources.
- EAP web and telephone access available for supportive counseling, consultation or crisis response 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For additional questions about these benefits, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 641-269-4818. Questions via email may be directed to any of the following staff members: Stacy Koehler, HR Generalist (firstname.lastname@example.org) Jana Johnson, HR Generalist (email@example.com) Jim Mulholland, Director of Compensation & Assistant Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) Holidays :: Sick Leave/Personal Time Off :: Vacation :: Admission to College Events :: Bookstore Discount :: Educational Benefits :: Uniforms :: Employee Assistance Program :: Health :: Dental :: Life Insurance :: Travel/Accident :: Long-Term Disability :: Retirement