- Alliance Select health insurance is provided through Wellmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
- Deductibles range from $250 per person to $750 when three or more persons are covered. Deductibles do not apply to PPO office visits. There is a 20% co-pay on PPO visits and 30% co-pay on non-preferred provider visits.
- Out-of-pocket maximums are $1,000 per person to $2,300 when three or more persons are covered.
- Covers one routine physical exam per year, well-child care through age 6, mammograms, and prenatal care.
- Choice of four coverage options, which include Employee, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Child(ren), and Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner and Child(ren). Premium cost to the employee is 10% for individual coverage and 20% for employee + dependent(s). Premiums are withheld on a pretax basis upon employee's authorization.
- Employee may decline coverage and receive flex credits up to one half the amount of the College's contribution for the individual plan.
BluePrints for Health (see attachments) For documentation available to employees, see attachment: Wellmark BC/BS HIPAA Privacy Link The Grinnell College Medical Benefit Plan Trust will provide copies of the IRS Form 990, audited financial statements, and the Trust Agreement to the public upon request to David Clay (email@example.com).
For additional questions about your Health Insurance, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 269-4818.
Questions via email may be directed to any of the following staff members:
Stacy Koehler, HR Generalist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jana Johnson, HR Generalist (email@example.com)
Jim Mulholland, Assistant Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)