Benefits and Insurance for Support Staff Employees
See below for:
Educational Benefits :: College Bookstore Discount :: Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition remission (90%) to Grinnell College for dependent children of employees; children must qualify for admission; employee must have been employed full-time by the college for two years.
- Special Student Status: Employee and spouse may take courses free at Grinnell College; limited to two courses per semester for spouse, one course per semester for employee; approval of registrar required; course must have space available.
- Tuition Cash Grant of $2,000 per year (per child) while attending other accredited institution under eligibility requirements above.
- Exchange program with Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM) and Great Lakes College Association (GLCA) schools; same eligibility rules as at Grinnell College.
- Individuals should contact the attending institution to determine the actual amount of this benefit.
College Bookstore Discount
- 10% discount on most purchases
Employee Assistance Program
- Eligible first day of work.
- Program provided by the Poweshiek County Mental Health Center for employees and their families.
- Five diagnostic sessions per family, per year, at no cost to employee. Group therapy sessions count as one-half of a session. Benefit renews annually, on July 1.
- Provided at no cost to the employee.
- Additional sessions available, may be covered by health insurance.
For additional questions about these benefits, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 641-269-4818.
Questions via email may be directed to any of the following staff members:
Stacy Koehler, HR Generalist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jana Johnson, HR Generalist (email@example.com)
Jim Mulholland, Assistant Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Holidays :: Vacation :: Sick Leave/Personal Time Off :: Admission to College Events ::
Educational Benefits :: Relocation Allowance :: Employee Assistance Program ::
Health :: Dental :: Life Insurance :: Travel/Accident :: Long-Term Disability :: Retirement