Billing statements are available electronically and payments may be made via the web. Parents can make payments online only if their student sets them up as an authorized user. To make a person an authorized user, the student will need to access his/her PioneerWeb account, click on the Services tab, click on "View my statement and pay online", click on "View my bills and make a payment." Be sure to only hit enter once each time. When the welcome screen appears, click on Authorized User at the top and follow the instructions. Once this is entered, the person authorized will get emails with instructions which will take the user to the student's account where the statement can be viewed and a payment can be made online. Services provided include:
- Student's ability to authorize other users to view and make payments toward their account;
- Email notice of delivery of new statements for viewing by the student and other authorized users;
- Ability to view 12 months of previous statements;
- Ability to view payment history and other postings to the student account;
- Payment by electronic check, MasterCard, American Express and Discover;
- Payment for Advance Tuition Deposit by electronic check, MasterCard, American Express and Discover;
- Automatic and immediate posting of payments to the student account;
- Service availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Credit card payments toward student charges will not be accepted directly by Grinnell College. The increasing costs of processing credit cards has made it necessary for the college to find a way to manage these expenses and still provide as many payment options as possible. Therefore, PayPath will accept credit card payments on the college's behalf. As part of this service, PayPath will add a 2.75% service fee to the total payment. For example, if a $1,000 payment is being made on a student's account, the total amount charged to the credit card will be $1,027.50. Grinnell College will receive only the $1,000 owed for student charges. PayPath accepts MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PayPath does not accept Visa. Payment by electronic check will be available at no additional charge and you may continue to send checks directly to the Cashier Office, although we encourage you to take advantage of these online services. At this time, electronic payment will not be available to add funds to the Pioneer One-Card. Payment for this item will be accepted directly at the Cashier Office and may be paid by credit card at no additional charge. If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact the Cashier Office at 641-269-4100 or email Cashier@grinnell.edu.