Summer Business Scholars Program | Booth School of Business
In collaboration with the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business, the Career Development Office will be awarding two scholarships to send two current Grinnell students to Booth's Summer Business Scholars Program (SBSP) this summer (2013). This program is best suited for students who are interested in pursuing employment immediately after Grinnell, particularly in the areas of business and entrepreneurship. The SBSP is an intensive collaborative learning experience that bridges the gap between education and the business world. Below are the elegibility requirements and application procedures.
Who is eligible for the scholarship? Students must be...
- Accepted to the Summer 2013 SBSP Program.
- Either a Second-Year or Third-Year student.
- In good academic standing.
- Have a strong academic record.
- Students from all majors are encouraged to apply.
How do I apply?
- Apply on-line at: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/summer-scholars/admissions
- Application Deadline: Monday, February 11, 2013 (to be eligible for the scholarship, Grinnell students must apply by the First Round Deadline)
- Students should be prepared to provide the following information and materials as part of the on-line application:
- A letter of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended (Grinnell College unofficial transcripts are available from the Registrar's Office)
- Essay responses
- Self-reported SAT and/or ACT scores
What will the scholarship cover? What costs am I responsible for?
Each recipient will be awarded a scholarship of $6,500. Of the total award, $6,300 will go toward the cost of the progam, which also includes housing, most meals, and all books and materials. The remaining $200 is a travel stipend to arrange travel to and from Chicago, IL. MegaBus travels from Des Moines and Iowa City to Chicago daily at very modest rates.
When does the actual program take place?
The program will take place from July 13 through August 3.
Where will I stay if selected for this program?
Participants will be assigned to a double-room in Baumhart Hall on the University of Chicago campus.
Where can I find additional information?