Health Careers and Medical School Resources
- The Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) webpage provides detailed information on preparing for a career in a health profession.
- The American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) provides extensive information to applicants to medical school. Their comprehensive Web page provides general information on admissions, a link to the American Medical College Application Service, and help registering for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
- The American Psychological Association has a comprehensive web site that lists graduate openings; scholarships, grants, and funding opportunities; accreditation information for graduate and post-graduate programs; plus much more.
- The Student Doctor Network Interview Feedback Page is a resource to research common questions asked by students in interviews for medical school, dental school, pharmacy school, veterinary school, and more.
- The Travelers Summer Research Fellowship Program for Pre-Medical Minority Students is designed to give participants deeper insights into the wide range of options that exist for minority physicians. The program is especially targeted to students from minority groups underrepresented in medicine. Through the experiences of laboratory or clinical research, classroom lectures, seminars on public health issues, practical discussions by physicians from different specialties, and observations of hospital care, the college students gain a clearer picture of both the demands and the opportunities they will encounter in medicine as a career.
- The Grinnell College Science Division maintains a comprehensive list of summer research/internship opportunities in the sciences, organized by
- The CDO has resources for students interested in careers in Health, Science, and Technology.
- For additional information, take a look at pages 22–24 of the 2013 Graduate & Professional School Guide (PDF). For general advising or answers to specific questions, feel free to contact Steve Gump, the pre-health adviser, at 269-4940.