CPA Application due Sunday, March 10, 2013 to PioneerLink (posting #6671)
Career Peer Assistant (CPA) Application Materials:
Resume - You are highly encouraged to have your resume reviewed by a Career Counselor at the CDO.
References - On your resume, write the names of three references, the best phone number at which to reach them, and their email address. One should be a previous work/volunteer supervisor. This information should be on p. 2 of your resume. No recommendation forms or letters needed.
Unofficial Transcript - You must obtain the unofficial transcript from the Registrar's Office. Transfer students must also upload a copy of their transcript from their previous institution. You can request that your unofficial transcript be emailed to you as a PDF document if you are off-campus. Visit the Registrar's Office website for instructions and to access the request form. If you are on campus, you need to bring you P-card to the Registrar to receive a paper copy of your unofficial transcript and scan it into a PDF. Scanners are available at Burling Library.
Essays (submit on PioneerLink as "Application Letter") - 3 pages max.
- Please list your time commitments (e.g., campus involvement, jobs, etc.) and estimate how many hours per week you have already committed for 2013-2014.
- Why are you interested in the CPA position? What characteristics do you possess that would contribute to the office and help serve students?
- What are your personal career goals? How do you hope to accomplish those through this position?
- CPAs work on projects outside of their office duties. These projects are initiated by them and usually based on their own career goals/interests (e.g., CDO Radio Show, Creating a job resource sheet for GLBTQ students, Learning how to use various software in order to create office marketing, etc.). Please explain the new or enhanced initiatives that you would contribute that would support career development. Why did you choose those projects?
- Please explain a time when you showed initiative.
Career Peer Assistant Information Form (submit on PioneerLink as "Writing Sample")