The Office of College Services is committed to providing customer oriented services that are cost effective, and provided in an ethical and responsible manner, in keeping with the values and mission of Grinnell College.
College Services is comprised of several service-oriented departments on the Grinnell College campus, including Dining and Catering Services, Mail Services, Campus Copy Services, Information Technology Services, the College Bookstore, Accessibilities and Research, Facilities Management, Conference Operations and Events.
Staff in the Office of College Services coordinate activities among the units and assist the department directors and managers with strategic goal planning, marketing and communications, and feedback collection.
Who We Are & How to Reach Us
The Office of College Services is located in the lower level of the Forum Building, and can be reached from any campus phone by dialing ext. 4300.
Intriguing Facts about College Services at Grinnell
- Grinnell Dining operates three distinct operations (Marketplace Dining, Catering, and The Spencer Grill) from one centrally-located state-of-the-art facility. Serving in excess of one half million meals per year, Grinnell Dining prides itself on an increasingly "locally-grown" program and a strong commitment to recycling and composting of waste products.
- During a typical Fall semester, Mail Services receives over 13,000 packages in the mailroom to be delivered to students, staff and faculty.
- The College Bookstore and Pioneer Bookshop (downtown Grinnell) offer unique gifts, apparel, trade and text books to the campus and greater Grinnell communities.
- Information Technology Services has developed a Technology Services Desk area to provide better service to the campus.
- The Laurel Leaf newsletter, an electronic news source for staff and faculty of the College, is distributed by College Services.
- The Pioneer One-Card (P-Card), Grinnell College's identification card is one of several campus initiatives brought about by the Office of College Services.