New Employee Welcome Reception
Please come and welcome the campus new employees. The reception will be held on Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. in the Joe Rosenfield '25 Center, Room 101.
To make it easier for the new hires, please wear your Grinnell College nametag (if you have one). Refreshments will be served.
Are you new to Grinnell College or the community of Grinnell? Are you not new, but you would like to meet other people? Get connected and here's how!
Faculty/Staff Connect Lunches
Ever wonder what the people across campus or down the hall are like, or what they care about? Join your colleagues for the weekly Faculty/Staff Connect lunches. These informal lunches give you the opportunity to meet people from across campus, to chat with close colleagues, and to help improve the community at the College.
Faculty/Staff Connect meets every Tuesday from 11:30 to 1:00 pm. in the Marketplace Pavilion (the "whale room" at the West end of the dining hall). Pay regular Marketplace rates at the door or stop in the Dining Services office (JRC 2nd floor) to purchase five meals (with cash or personal check) for only $25 ($5 for each meal!). Feel free to join us weekly, monthly, or whenever you find it convenient!
The following is a message from the Grinnell Chamber of Commerce:
Our efforts focus on connecting new and long-standing residents through social, civic, charitable and professional activities.
If you live and/or work in the Grinnell area, this is the group for you! Get updates on fun events and activities in the community and have a built-in group of friends to attend those things with.
Membership is free and open to all, to join send an email to email@example.com or find our group on Facebook!
Upcoming Grinnell Connect event:
Grinnell Connect Zoo Brew Trip
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
(Bus will pick up and drop off in Grinnell)
Grinnell Connect is taking a bus to Zoo Brew at the Blank Park Zoo on Wednesday, August 29. The bus will leave Grinnell at 5:30 and return around 10 p.m. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to sign up. Anyone over 21 years old may come along, your only cost is for beverages at the zoo.
Civic Center of Greater Des Moines-Beauty & the Beast Special E-ticket Promotion
For more details on this special promotion and how to order e-tickets, please visit the Employment Resources organization in Pioneer Web under the tab "Benefit Perks"
2012-13 Willis Broadway Season: Les Miserables, Beauty and the Beast, War Horse, The Book of Mormon (not available thru E-tickets), Jekyll & Hyde, Million Dollar Quartet, Rock of Ages, and Jersey Boys
For more information please visit www.civiccenter.org
Great Deals on Dell Computers at the College Bookstore's Web Store
The Grinnell College Bookstore has partnered with Dell Computers to bring the best offerings to students, faculty and staff of Grinnell College. Go to the bookstore's website at http://bookstore.grinnell.edu/ and click on the Dell University banner to see great deals and incentives on Dell Computers. Dell has a nice lineup of the extraordinarily thin and versatile Ultrabook with a 5 to 8 hour battery life and faster multitasking. Financing and free shipping are available through Dell. If you are sending your student off to college or need a new system at home Dell has what you need.
Employees on the Move
- Kady Shea, Residence Life Coordinator, Student Affairs, July 2
- Gabriel Barela, Residence Life Coordinator, Student Affairs, July 2
- Latoya Johnson, Residence Life Coordinator, Student Affairs, July 2
- Rachel Whitfield '10, Admission Counselor, 2-year term, July 2
- Gina Physic '11, Media Relations Fellow, Office of Communications, July 16
- Kate Moening '11, Editorial Fellow, Office of Communications, July 16
- Melanie Drake '92, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations for Admission Programs, Development & Alumni Relations, August 1
- Steven Gump, Assistant Director of Graduate and Professional School Advising, CDO, August 1
- Michael Benitez, Director of Intercultural Engagement and Leadership, Diversity & Inclusion, August 1
- James Lawrence, Interim Director of the Math Lab, August 1
- Robert Cabelli, Associate Chaplain and Rabbi, CRSSJ, August 23
- Chelsea Soderblom, Library Assistant-Circulation, August 27
- Justin Hayworth, Photographer/Videographer, Office of Communications,
- Mark McFate, Digital Library Applications, Library, September 4
- Donnette Ellis, Administrative Support Assistant, Community Enhancement & Engagement/Investments, September 4
- Paige Everly, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, September 11
- Schmeidel, Stacey, Director of Media Relations, Communications, September 17
- Sondi Burnell, Technical Assistant II, Academic Support, July 1
- Evan Otto, Systems Integration Analyst/Database Administrator, ITS, July 1
- Jon Balm, Business Process Analyst/Programmer, ITS, July 1
- Phil Bartachek, Senior Business Process Analyst/Programmer, ITS, July 1
- Andy Albers, Database Administrator/Business Process Analyst, ITS, July 1
- Linda Ludwig, Software Applications Specialist/Business Process Analyst, ITS, July 1
- Mary Phipps, Coordinator of Operations and Information Management, Admission, July 1
- Will Cummins '10, Assistant Director of Admission, July 1
- Jennifer Otott, Asst. Director of Admission and Coordinator of Campus Visits & Events, July 1
- Sarah White, Associate Director of Admission & Coordinator of Recruitment and Outreach, July 1
- Abby Trout, Assistant Director of Career Development & Exploration, Career Development Office, July 1
- Becca Don, Senior Residence Life Coordinator, Student Affairs, July 1
- Dan Hirsch, Assistant Director of Residence Life, Student Affairs, July 1
- Karen Edwards, Associate Dean and Director of International Student Affairs, July 1
- Bill Francis, Curricular Technology Specialist, ITS, July 1
- Scott Wilson, Director of Investments, July 1
- Angela Clement, Associate Director of Investments, July 1
- Michelle Sears, Academic Support Assistant II, Science, July 2
- John Wagner, Bookstore Assistant, July 2
- Janice Earley, Baker, Dining Services, July 2
- Toni Husted, Administrative Assistant, Finance, July 2
- Severin Roberts, Director of the Pioneer Fund, Development & Alumni Relations, July 18
- Larissa Mottl, Biological Field Station Manager; CPS Outreach Coordinator, CERA, August 15
- Nnenna Akataobi, Coordinator for Diversity & Inclusion, Athletics, August 15
- Fonda Benson, Catering Coordinator, Dining Services, August 17
Grinnell College Employment Opportunities
Please visit https://jobs.grinnell.edu