Live Well Grinnell
It's All About Wellness
Live Well Grinnell provides resources, support, and encouragement to all members of our community (students, staff, faculty) as they seek their vision of optimal wellness in all dimensions Central tenets of Live Well Grinnell:
- Wellness is integral to the mission of the College.
- Wellness is multidimensional: social, intellectual, physical, vocational, spiritual, emotional, environmental.
- Wellness should meet people where they are, both literally and figuratively.
- Wellness focuses on moving towards optimal health and well-being, not just avoiding disease and dysfunction.
- Wellness can be pursued both individually and collaboratively.
- Wellness is about continuous improvement, not a set destination
Full-time employees are eligible for a wellness reimbursement of 50% of their expense up to $150 per fiscal year. Items eligible for reimbursement at this time include:
- memberships (athletic clubs, Weight Watchers, etc.);
- race entries;athletic shoes;
- bicycles and bike helmets;
- and community supported agriculture (CSA) shares.;
To get your reimbursement, please fill out the form at the link above ("wellness reimbursement"), attach a copy of your receipt, and send to Jen Jacobsen. Reimbursement will be included as part of your paycheck (there is not a separate deposit.) Contact Jen Jacobsen [jacobsen] with any questions.