For over 30 years, the Scholars' Convocation series has created a common educational experience shared by the entire Grinnell College community. Established in the late 1970s in response to the College's move to an open curriculum, the accessible interdisciplinary nature of convocation offers an intellectual encounter that transcends disciplinary boundaries.
Scholars' Convocations are scheduled through a faculty committee. If you are planning or are interested in planning a Scholars' Convocation, please see Scholars' Convocation Proposals.
More information about this year's convocation series will be available at 2012-2013 Schedule.
April 10: Katha Pollitt, author and poet
April 17: Rosenfield Symposium on Human Trafficking
April 24: Phi Beta Kappa
May 1: Ingrid Daubechies, Professor of Applied Mathematics, Princeton University
May 8: Penny Sebring
2013 Hoofin' It 5K Run and Walk
Saturday, April 27
Pre-registration starts at 7:30 a.m.
Race starts at 9:00 a.m.
BEAR Center on the Grinnell College campus (1201 10th Avenue)
Organized by Grinnell College Women's Soccer.
Stay tuned...more information will be advertised in the coming weeks!
Questions can be directed to Heather Benning @ 641-269-4971 or email@example.com
Employees on the Move
- Susan Ferrari, Grant Writer, Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations, January 16
- Chinyere, Ukabiala, Ombudsperson, Office of the Ombuds, February 1
- Kerry DeMeulenaere, Heart of House Cook, Dining Services, February 5
- Jason Parks, Laboratory Animal Technician/Neuroscience Lab Technician, Science, February 5
- Chris Gaunt, Library Assistant III – Access Services, February 11
- Marilyn O'Brien, Library Assistant III – Access Services, February 11
- Jean Reavis, Library Assistant IV – Cataloging, February 11
- Chelsea Soderblom, Library Assistant III – Access Services, February 11
- Shealey Sieck, Library Assistant IV – Cataloging, February 11
- Betty Santema, Library Assistant III – Access Services
- Nancy Cadmus, Library Assistant-Serials, January 4
- Deb Aldinger, Presentation Cook, Dining Services, February 19
- Online Media and Web Associate
- Associate Director of Electronic Media and Communication
Student Health & Counseling Services
- Training Coordinator & Staff Psychologist
Development & Alumni Relations
- Assistant Director of Major and Planned Giving
- Associate Director of Major and Planned Giving
- Associate Director of Electronic Media & Communications
Analytic Support and Institutional Research
- Associate Vice President for Analytic Support and Institutional Research
Information Technology Services
- Information Technology Support Analyst (2 positions)
Campus Safety & Security
- Call-in Dispatcher
- Call-in Campus Safety & Security Officer
- Call-in Cashier
For more information, please visit the Grinnell College Career Site at https://jobs.grinnell.edu