New Blank Park Zoo Discount
The Office of Community Enhancement & Engagement is pleased to announce that Grinnell College has teamed up with the Blank Park Zoo to offer exciting membership savings to faculty and staff. Because Grinnell College is a new corporate member of the Blank Park Zoo, employees can now receive a $10 savings on the membership rate. By becoming a member of the Blank Park Zoo, you will receive many great benefits including:
- Free admission to the Zoo all year long
- Subscription to their Zoo Tracks member newsletter
- Free or discounted admission to more than 200 zoos and aquariums across the country. To view their reciprocity list, go to: http://www.blankparkzoo.com/documents/filelibrary/pdf/Reciprocity.pdf
- Discounted lunch ticket of only $5/person at the Safari Splash Adventure Day on Saturday, August 11. To receive this discount, you must RSVP to the Office of Development and Alumni Relations by Friday, August 3 at 866-850-1846 and indicate you are a member of the Zoo or register online at http://loggia.grinnell.edu/events.
To learn more about how to purchase your $10 discounted Blank Park Zoo membership, please log on to Pioneer Web at https://pioneerweb.grinnell.edu/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp . Select the "Community" tab, go to "My Organizations Plus" and select "Employment Resources." The Zoo membership information is located under "Benefit Perks."
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Robyn Berardo at BERARDOR@Grinnell.EDU or call extension 4818.
Presentation by Dr. Maura J. Cullen
August 23, 2012
10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Open to Staff and Faculty
Presentation by Dr. Maura J. Cullen, Author of “35 Dumb Things Well-Intended People Say: Surprising Things We Say that Widen the Diversity Gap”.
Dr. Cullen is considered one of the foremost authorities on issues of diversity and leadership. You won’t want to miss this great opportunity!
More information on how to register for this exciting event will be coming very soon.
Employees on the Move
- Kady Shea, Residence Life Coordinator, Student Affairs, July 2
- Gabriel Barela, Residence Life Coordinator, Student Affairs, July 2
- Latoya Johnson, Residence Life Coordinator, Student Affairs, July 2
- Rachel Whitfield '10, Admission Counselor, 2-year term, July 2
- Gina Physic '11, Media Relations Fellow, Office of Communications, July 16
- Kate Moening '11, Editorial Fellow, Office of Communications, July 16
- Melanie Drake '92, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations for Admission Programs, Development & Alumni Relations, August 1
- Steven Gump, Assistant Director of Graduate and Professional School Advising, CDO, August 1
- Michael Benitez, Director of Intercultural Engagement and Leadership, Diversity & Inclusion, August 1
- James Lawrence, Interim Director of the Math Lab, August 1
- Linda McCargar, Administrative Assistant to the Office of the Treasurer, August 1
- Nick Plato, Assistant Football Coach (seasonal), August 1
- Darien Bell, Assistant Football Coach (seasonal), August 1
- Justin Hayworth, Photographer/Videographer, Office of Communications, August 14
- Christopher Reno, Art Technical Assistant, August 15
- Jennifer McGovern, Assistant in the Writing Lab and Lecturer, August 20
- Sondi Burnell, Technical Assistant II, Academic Support, July 1
- Evan Otto, Systems Integration Analyst/Database Administrator, ITS, July 1
- Maria Tapias, Associate Dean, July 1
- Jon Balm, Business Process Analyst/Programmer, ITS, July 1
- Phil Bartachek, Senior Business Process Analyst/Programmer, ITS, July 1
- Andy Albers, Database Administrator/Business Process Analyst, ITS, July 1
- Linda Ludwig, Software Applications Specialist/Business Process Analyst, ITS, July 1
- Mary Phipps, Coordinator of Operations and Information Management, Admission, July 1
- Will Cummins '10, Assistant Director of Admission, July 1
- Jennifer Otott, Asst. Director of Admission and Coordinator of Campus Visits & Events, July 1
- Sarah White, Associate Director of Admission & Coordinator of Recruitment and Outreach, July 1
- Abby Trout, Assistant Director of Career Development & Exploration, Career Development Office, July 1
- Becca Don, Senior Residence Life Coordinator, Student Affairs, July 1
- Dan Hirsch, Assistant Director of Residence Life, Student Affairs, July 1
- Karen Edwards, Associate Dean and Director of International Student Affairs, July 1
- Bill Francis, Curricular Technology Specialist, ITS, July 1
- Scott Wilson, Director of Investments, July 1
- Angela Clement, Associate Director of Investments, July 1
- Michelle Sears, Academic Support Assistant II, Science, July 2
- John Wagner, Bookstore Assistant, July 2
- Janice Earley, Baker, Dining Services, July 2
- Toni Husted, Administrative Assistant, Finance, July 2
- Severin Roberts, Director of the Pioneer Fund, Development & Alumni Relations, July 18
- Fonda Benson, Catering Coordinator, Dining Services, August 17
To see current openings at the College, please visit https://jobs.grinnell.edu