Save the Date for a Family Event at the Zoo!
On Saturday, August 11th, there will be a family event held at the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines for Faculty, Staff and Alumni of Grinnell College. A buffet lunch will be served. More details, to include the price for tickets, will be coming soon!
Ridiculous Day on July 21 - Pioneer Bookshop
The College Bookstore and Pioneer Bookshop will have tables of deals at the Ridiculous Day sidewalk sale on Saturday, July 21 starting at 7am. The tables will start in front of the Pioneer Bookshop at 823 4th Avenue and stretch down the block. There will be plenty of parking right in front. We will have additional price reductions on clearance merchandise to a ridiculous level. We will include $10 sweatshirts, $5.00 t-shirts, jewelry for $1.00 and dresses for $4.00. Of course there will be BOOKS for all ages and interests at more than 75% off. There will be things for dorms and things for homes. You won’t want to miss it.
Have an item in your office you don’t want? Freecycle it to another department!
Grinnell College has recently started an application at Freecycle@Work. Freecycle@Work is a free application run by Intuit QuickBase that allows organizations to exchange items internally. It is a great way for departments and the College to save money on items that might be sitting in storage, or for individuals to find a home for unwanted items no longer wanted or needed.
How do I use Freecycle@Work?
- Visit http://freecycle.quickbase.com and sign up for an account. Bookmark the page for easy reference!
- You must sign up with an @grinnell.edu email address. Other addresses will not take you to the correct application.
- Freecycle@work can be used for both company-owned and personal items, however company-owned items must remain among Grinnell College departments. Company-to-personal ownership is strongly discouraged.
- All items must be free. (It is after all, freecycle). Do not post items for sale or advertise sales on this application.
- Tell all your friends and colleagues! Freecycle@Work is a grassroots opportunity. The more people sign up, the more effective it will be!
- For more information and tips, visit www.grinnell.edu/freecycle