Campus Calendar and Event Reservation System Upgrade
Beginning approximately 9 a.m. Tuesday, October 23, ITS will be upgrading the database and software that stores event reservation information and requests, runs the campus calendar (www.grinnell.edu/calendar), and powers the Campus Memo. During this time, it is highly likely the campus calendar will be unavailable at times for viewing events or making event requests/reservations.
Conference Operations and ITS recommend making any event reservation requests on Monday, October 22. The entire reservation system will be unavailable Tuesday morning, October 23. Conference Operations will not have access to make reservations during this time, but will gladly take reservation requests via phone or email, and will process those requests as soon as upgrades are made to their computers, likely by Tuesday afternoon.
It is likely the web request system will remain unavailable for the greater part of Tuesday, and possibly into Wednesday and Thursday, October 24-25. During this time, requests may be made by emailing [calendar]. Please include the following information in requests:
- Name of the event
- published start time
- published end time
- preferred location and/or facility
- needs for the event
- whether or not the event needs to be publicized
- whether or not the event will request catering
Happy "Almost Fall Break" Everybody! Here is an update from the Staff Council:
* Thanks to everyone who played the latest installment of "Name That Staff Council Member!" The clues were:
- I joined the Staff Council to share the ideas I've gathered from working with staff, and hopefully make a positive impact on our culture and environment.
- I started at Grinnell as the computer applications trainer in ITS.
- I have a child in high school.
- Prior to coming to Grinnell, I taught Mathematics in a K-12 public school system.
- Of all the Staff Council members, I am the tallest.
...and the staff council member that describes is Mark Watts! Height gave it away, yes? The winner of the staff council token of appreciation, randomly drawn from all the correct entries, is Buddy Boulton. Join us in an upcoming Laurel Leaf issue for another round of "Guess that Staff Council Member!"
* The ombudsman search committee is preparing to bring three finalists to campus in the upcoming weeks. Watch your email for an opportunity to visit with each of the finalists when they are here.
* The Fall Staff Luncheon is next week! Join the Staff Council, and all of your friends and colleagues on Wednesday, October 24, from 12:00-1:00PM in the Harris Center Concert Hall.
Menu – Buffet Lunch Featuring:
Mashed Red Skin Potatoes with Roasted Garlic
Assorted Dinner Rolls
Pumpkin or Tres Leche Cheesecake
Water, Coffee, Iced Tea
Sounds great, right? If you haven't, please RSVP for the luncheon at https://survey.grinnell.edu/se.ashx?s=2511374534767FAC.
Upcoming Intramural Sports
Interested in participating in an intramural sport? Join others on campus who might be interested in participating in one or more of the following:
- Indoor Soccer
- Flag Arena Football
- Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournaments
All Staff and Faculty, as well as their immediate families, are welcome to participate. Register at http://grinnell.athleague.com/.
PALS Open House -
The annual PALS open house is October 27th from 10:00am - 1:00pm at the PALS animal shelter (4167 20th St, Grinnell, Iowa). Please come by to support PALS, visit with our wonderful cats and dogs, and enjoy homemade treats. PALS is always welcoming of new volunteers, so this is a great time to get more information about volunteering at the shelter and in other ways.
Please contact Jennifer Hirsch if you have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.