Grinnell Staff and Faculty Craft Beer Night
Tuesday, October 23rd; 8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Have you ever wondered what Lyle's Pub is, where it is, or what it looks like? We know that the majority of College employees have never been to Lyle's so we would like to have a Staff and Faculty focused event so that you can experience this cool piece of Grinnell student culture.
The staff of Lyle's would like to invite you to a Faculty and Staff Craft Beer Night at the Pub. The event will be the Tuesday of Fall Break (10/23) from 8:00-11:00pm. In addition to our regular selection, we will be featuring breweries such as Goose Island (IL), Millstream (IA), and Capital Brewery (WI). Lyle's Pub is located in the basement of the JRC and will be closed to students for the purpose of this event.
We hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to spend a fun evening in Lyle's Pub with your colleagues. If you have any questions, please direct them to Dan Hirsch [hirschd], Assistant Director of Residence Life. Have a great rest of the week and we hope to see you Tuesday!
The Excellence Award was created as a way to recognize and reward employees for their exceptional contributions to Grinnell College. For more information about the award, please view the policies related to this program at: http://www.grinnell.edu/offices/humanresources/excellenceaward.
Those who received the Excellence Award for the May through October are:
Meg Jones Bair
Winner of the random prize is: Nino Parker.
Employees on the Move
- Kirby Ziesmer, Plant Custodian, Facilities Managment, September 4
- Mark McFate, Digital Library Applications, Library, September 4
- Donnette Ellis, Administrative Support Assistant, Office of Investments/Community Enhancement & Engagement, September 4
- Stacia Patten, Call-in Safety & Security Officer, September 7
- James Hicklin, Call-in Safety & Security Officer, September 7
- Harry Kilmer, Plant Custodian, Facilities Management, September 10
- Jeff Pardikes, Bookstore Assistant, September 10
- Michael Maiorana '12, Strategic Planning Assistant, Office of the President, September 10
- Paige Everly, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, Development & Alumni Relations, September 11
- Stacey Schmeidel, Director of Media Relations, September 17
- Karie Smith, Call-in Housekeeper, Conference Operations & Events, September 17
- Taunita Stephenson, Coordinator for Diversity & Inclusion in Athletics, Athletics, September 24
- Molly Campe, Associate Director of Alumni Relations, Development and Alumni Relations, September 26
- Rita Milner, Document and Loan Assistant, Financial Aid/Admission, October 1
- John Hammond, Service Desk Manager, ITS, October 22
- James Howard, Director of Major and Planned Giving, Development & Alumni Relations, November 1
- Deb Shill, Assistant Director of Student Health Counseling and Lead Nurse, November 5
- Harriett Dickey-Chasins, Director of Student Health & Counseling and Lead Psychologist, November 5
- Michael McGuire, IT Support Specialist, ITS, September 7
- Cindy Deppe, Director of Internal Communications, September 21
- Anneliesa Dobson-Finch, Assistant Director of Development, Development & Alumni Relations, October 31
- Rod Schultz, Associate Director of Major and Planned Giving, Development & Alumni Relations,
- November 2
For Employment Opportunities at the college, please visit: