Access Your TASC FlexSystem account(s) while on the go!
Get the MyTASC Mobile App today for faster and easier access to your remaining FSA funds before the end of the Plan Year!
Download the free app from Apple iStore and Android Market for your smart phone or tablet. Read more at www.tasconline/mobile.
The features of the new app are:
- Securely Log-In with MyTASC user information (username and password)
- Quickly view your Account Balances in real time
- Request a Reimbursement from your mobile phone
- Upload Receipts using your phone camera
- Review your Contributions & Elections
- Review Plan Information & Eligibility Dates
Free Tote Bags for Staff at the College Bookstore
Learn how to join our VIP Text service and get a free tote bag. You will know about secret sales at the bookstore right away. Also, "LIKE" the Grinnell College Bookstore on Facebook. So far, we have given away packages of M&Ms to our Text and Facebook friends. Don't miss out.
Grinnell Prize Faculty & Staff Lunches
September 27, 11 am- 1 pm in the "Whale Room" and October 9, 11 am-1 pm in JRC 224B
What is the Grinnell College Young Innovator for Social Justice Prize? Faculty and staff are invited to stop by to share a meal with the Prize Office staff and learn more about the Prize and our recently announced 2012 winners:
- Cristi Hegranes, founder of Global Press Institute (GPI). GPI empowers women by training and employing them as reporters and uses the resulting high-quality, locally produced journalism to address large-scale, structural social justice issues.
- Jacob Wood and William McNulty, co-founders of Team Rubicon. Team Rubicon aids veterans reintegrating into civilian life while providing rapid, effective disaster relief worldwide.
- Jane Chen and Linus Liang, co-founders of Embrace and Embrace Innovations. Embrace distributes an innovative, low-cost infant warmer to low-income communities worldwide, and is developing new healthcare products tailored for the developing world.
We can explore class visits, private meetings, workshops, possible short courses or course-embedded travel, volunteer opportunities, and more with the Grinnell Prize winners while they are here during the Prize symposium and award ceremony the week of November 12. You can also find out how to volunteer to review nominations for the 2013 Prize or visit the Prize Volunteer Opportunities page. You can drop by anytime between 11-1; no RSVP required. The Prize Office will provide a sign-in sheet for College employees and pay for those interested in attending.
Join Intramural Sports
Staff, faculty (and their families) and students sign up for any of the following intramural sports this fall at Grinnell.athleague.com:
- Knockout tournament
- Indoor Soccer
- Badminton tournament
- Billiards tournament
- Foosball tournament
- Arena football
- Rock, paper, scissors tournament
If there are any questions please feel free to contact Tim Hammond.
If you're interested in other ways to connect with people on-and off-campus, you can also check out:
Faculty/Staff Connect Lunches
Ever wonder what the people across campus or down the hall are like, or what they care about? Join your colleagues for the weekly Faculty/Staff Connect lunches. These informal lunches give you the opportunity to meet people from across campus, to chat with close colleagues, and to help improve the community at the College. Faculty/Staff Connect meets every Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Marketplace Pavilion (the "whale room" at the West end of the dining hall). Pay regular Marketplace rates at the door or stop in the Dining Services office (JRC 2nd floor) to purchase five meals (with cash or personal check) for only $25 ($5 for each meal!). Feel free to join us weekly, monthly, or whenever you find it convenient! For more information, contact the Office of Human Resources.
"Grinnell Connect" (Community Group facilitated by the Chamber of Commerce)
This group's efforts focus on connecting new and long-standing residents through social, civic, charitable and professional activities. If you live and/or work in the Grinnell area, this is the group for you! Get updates on fun events and activities in the community and have a built-in group of friends to attend those things with. Membership is free and open to all. To join, send an email to email@example.com or find our group on Facebook!
For more ways to get connected, make a difference, and have fun in Grinnell, check out our office webpage: http://www.grinnell.edu/offices/communityenhance/employeeengagement.
$5,000 Grant Will Be Given To Area Entreprenuer
On September 1 through September 25, business owners and striving entrepreneurs may submit an entry form for the $5,000 Dream Big Grow Here contest.
The Iowa Innovation Gateway is offering an opportunity for entrepreneurs and small business owners to receive a $5,000 cash grant expand to be used to help start or expand their business.
This grant, called Dream Big...Grow Here will be given to an entrepreneur or small business owner with 50 or fewer employees and is located in Jasper, Mahaska, Marion, Marshall, Poweshiek, or Story county.
From October 1 through October 15, on-line public voting will be done to identify the top business ideas. The top five vote-getters will be given the opportunity to present their ideas to a panel of judges on October 23, 2012. The panel of judges will make the final decision and will award the Dream Big...Grow Here $5,000 grant to the winner.
The Iowa Innovation Gateway invites interested entrepreneurs to learn more and apply for the Dream Big...Grow Here grant by logging on at http://iowainnovationgateway.com.
Poweshiek County businesses may call Poweshiek Iowa Development at 641.236.1626 with questions.
The Dream Big...Grow Here winner will be invited to participate in a statewide pitch-off this fall for a $10,000 grand prize judged and awarded by the sponsorship team.
To learn more about Iowa Innovation Gateway log onto their website at http://iowainnovationgateway.com.
Employees on the Move
- Linda McCargar, Administrative Assistant to the Office of the Treasurer, August 1
- Melanie Drake '92, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations for Admission Programs, Development & Alumni Relations, August 1
- Steven Gump, Assistant Director of Graduate and Professional School Advising, CDO, August 1
- Michael Benitez, Director of Intercultural Engagement and Leadership, Diversity & Inclusion, August 1
- James Lawrence, Interim Director of the Math Lab, August 1
- Justin Hayworth, Photographer/Videographer, Office of Communications, August 14
- Larissa Degen, Production Coordinator/Graphic Designer, August 14
- Christopher Reno, Art Technical Assistant, August 15
- Jennifer McGovern, Assistant in the Writing Lab and Lecturer, August 20
- Timothy Butterfield, Admission Counselor, August 20
- Rob Cabelli, Associate Chaplain & Rabbi, CRSSJ, August 23
- Bud Doane, Custodian, Dining Services, August 23
- Chuck Eckhardt, Spencer Grill Night Supervisor, Dining Services, August 20
- Chelsea Soderblom, Library Assistant-Circulation, August 27
- Greg Turner, Mechanic I, Facilities Management, August 27
- Caroline "Carly" Lowe '12, Post-Baccalaureate Fellow, August 30
- Kirby Ziesmer, Plant Custodian, Facilities Managment, September 4
- Mark McFate, Digital Library Applications, Library, September 4
- Donnette Ellis, Administrative Support Assistant, Community Enhancement & Engagement/Office of Investments, September 4
- Stacia Patten, Call-in Safety & Security Officer, September 7
- James Hicklin, Call-in Safety & Security Officer, September 7
- Harry Kilmer, Plant Custodian, Facilities Management, September 10
- Jeffrey Pardikes, Bookstore Assistant, September 10
- Michael Maiorana '12, Strategic Planning Assistant, Office of the President, September 10
- Paige Everly, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, Development & Alumni Relations, September 11
- Stacey Schmeidel, Director of Media Relations, September 17
- Karie Smith, Call-in Housekeeper, Conference Operations & Events, September 17
- Carolyn Harris, Catering Coordinator, Dining Services, August 26
- Jennifer Schuur, Catering Supervisor, Dining Services, August 26
- Larissa Mottl, Center for Prairie Studies Outreach Coordinator; Biological Field Station Manager, August 15
- Fonda Benson, Catering Coordinator, Dining Services, August 17
- Katherine McClelland, Director of the Math Lab, August 31
- Michael McGuire, IT Support Specialist, ITS, September 7
- Cindy Deppe, Director of Internal Communications, September 21
Grinnell College Employment Opportunities
Please visit https://jobs.grinnell.edu