Crady Mail Services (named in honor of Tom Crady, former VP of Student Services) offers a number of services to students, staff and faculty, including:
- Individual and booklet stamps for purchase.
- Fedex mailing supplies - a drop box is located in the lobby of the mailroom (Fedex drivers check the drop box at 3:00 p.m. Mon-Fri, with exceptions on holidays).
- Collection and distribution of student and department mail and parcels and delivery of internal campus mail.
- Recycling bins for various materials and packaging.
- Campus publications and program brochures, including the Scarlet & Black - available in the lobby on a first-come basis.
- Outgoing and incoming FAX service - FAX number: 1-641-269-3406. Please specify recipient's name in BOLD on front page. Out-going transmission (9am-4pm, M-F) fee: $1.00 for first page; 25 cents for each additional page.
If you are expecting a parcel and have not received a notice in your P O Box yet make sure to ask an attendant at the Campus Post Office window or the Campus Post Office manager. Students, faculty and staff needing a mail services accommodation should contact Kim Hegg at 641-269-3421 or email email@example.com. Typical accommodations include: lower mail box location, keyed mailbox, and/or less congested area mailbox.
Shipping & Receiving Packages
Outgoing USPS Mail is routed to the downtown Grinnell Post Office each week day at 3:00 p.m. United Parcel Service (UPS) picks up outgoing mail each week day at 3:00 p.m. Fed Ex picks up outgoing mail from the Fed Ex drop box located in the Mailroom lobby each week day at 3:00 p.m. Some exceptions apply, (holidays, campus closed, etc.).
Before You Choose a Carrier... Mail Services can now shop rate services, delivery dates and rates. Take your package to the mailroom if you want to rate shop.
- Want to ship by United States Postal Service? Please visit us in the Joe Rosenfield '25 Center.
- Want to ship by United Parcel Service (UPS)? Click here to ship UPS packages using our online form (you will need to log in with your computer username/passcode).
- Want to ship by Federal Express? Bring your items to the lobby of Mail Services where supplies and a drop box are located. There is no pick up fee when placing packages in the mailroom lobby drop box.
- Want to ship by an alternate carrier not listed above? Please visit us in the Joe Rosenfield '25 Center (bring your items).
FedEx & UPS Delivery Acceptance
Students: FedEx and UPS deliver student packages to the mailroom upon which students are notified that a package awaits claim. Students must present their Pioneer One-Card to claim packages.
Staff & Faculty: FedEx and UPS deliver staff and faculty packages directly to campus offices, when possible. After attempting to deliver or locate an individual, these carriers will deliver packages to the mailroom. Mail Services is not responsible for delivery of staff or faculty personal mailings. Individuals may pick up personal packages from the mailroom during normal service window hours.
Staff and faculty are asked to include the physical street address of their office location on all FedEx and UPS labels or an additional location fee may be applied to the shipping charge. In the event that an office is closed for an extended period of time, Mail Services can accept packages. Please contact Mail Services at ext. 3421 if temporary acceptance of packages is needed.
Communications and Operations Information
Policies, Procedures & Resources
First Year & Transfer Students: Information regarding mailbox numbers/combination codes
Mail Forwarding during Academic Breaks: SnailMail Forward.pdf
Tips to Help You Process Your Mail More Quickly and Efficiently
Mailing Perishables to Students
Mail Forwarding - Permanent Leaves
USPS Shipping Information and Forms in Foreign Languages - Chinese, Hindi and Korean
Campus Mailing Address & Location
All student and a few faculty/emeriti mailboxes are located in the lobby of the campus mailroom.
For deliveries to a student at Grinnell College, use:
1115 8th Avenue, # (their Campus Box Number)
Grinnell, Iowa 50112-1670
Mail Services is located on the first floor of the Joe Rosenfield '25 Center and may be reached by dialing (641) 269-3421 or ext. 3421 (on campus).
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Mail Services Staff
Kim Hegg, Manager of Campus Mail Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mollie Warburton, Mail Room Assistant (email@example.com)