Terms and Conditions
By applying for the declining balance account option of your Pioneer One-Card, you agree to the terms of the following agreement. The Campus Cash Account is a prepaid declining balance account. Once your application is approved, you may use the P-Card to pay for purchases at participating campus locations, for the amount of your Campus Cash Account balance (some applications have daily limits). You cannot withdraw cash from your Campus Cash Account. There is no fee to establish or use the account; the full amount of your deposit will be available on your Campus Cash Account.
- This agreement is executed between the participant and Grinnell College. This agreement references Pioneer One-Card, Campus Cash Account, which is an option available to Grinnell College students, faculty, staff, and certain Grinnell College affiliates. This agreement is administered for Grinnell College by the Cashier.
- The address and phone number for the Pioneer One-Card Office is as follows: Pioneer One-Card Office, Main Hall, Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA 50112, (641)269-3661, FAX (641)269-4650.
- The term of this agreement will be determined by the participant's College affiliation or status. The term for Student is from the time this agreement and the initial deposit is received by the Cashier until the participant graduates, withdraws, or otherwise severs his/her relationship with the College. The term for Faculty/Staff is from the time this agreement and the initial deposit is received by the Cashier until the Faculty/Staff member terminates employment at Grinnell College. The term for Other Affiliation is from the time this agreement and the initial deposit is received by the Cashier until the participant no longer has college affiliation.
- Campus Cash Accounts will not be activated until payment (cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) is received, along with a signed application form, by the Cashier. Additional deposits may be made at any time by making payment to the Cashier or at the cash value station in the lobby of the mailroom (Joe Rosenfield '25 Campus Center-1st floor).
- Campus Cash Accounts are automatically closed at the end of this agreement. Account balances will be carried forward to the following semester until graduation or withdrawal from the College. The Cashier reserves the right to close any Campus Cash Account that has been inactive for a period of twelve (12) months. Refunds on closed accounts may be requested and will be made at the full value of the unused balance, minus a processing fee: refunds will be mailed to the last known address. All debts on the participant's Student Account must be satisfied prior to a check being processed for a refund. Any negative Campus Cash Account balances will be charged to the participant's Student Account (students) or billed directly to the participant (all others).
- To minimize potential loss to the participant, unattended locations/applications such as vending, laundry, and photocopiers will carry a daily spending limit.
- The participant's Pioneer One-Card will be the access device for Campus Cash Account. The card must be presented at the time of purchase and shall be the only means of accessing the participant's account.
- This account is non-transferable. If the card has been loaned to another individual the College may choose to close a cardholder's account. Additional ID may be required to ensure that only the participant uses the account. The participant may be required to sign a receipt for goods.
- Information regarding the participant's account or transactions may be disclosed to third parties when necessary to complete transactions, when the condition or existence of an account must be verified, to comply with government agency or court orders, or with the participant's written permission.
- Grinnell College reserves the right to determine hours of operations and pricing for the goods and services available for purchase with this account.
- A fee will be charged for replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged cards.
- Lost or stolen Pioneer One-Cards must be reported immediately to the Pioneer One-Card Office (x3661) or Campus Security (x4600) after business hours: Campus Security is open 24 hours a day. If the participant does not inform the P-Card Office about a lost or stolen card, Grinnell College is not responsible for any purchases made with Campus Cash Accounts. If the participant informs the P-Card Office within two (2) business days of the loss that their card is lost or stolen, the participant is liable for up to $50 in charges to the card if the card was used without permission.
- Participants may request activity statements from the Cashier. The participant agrees to review this statement promptly upon receipt. If the activity statement reflects transactions, which were not made by the participant, the participant must inform the Cashier immediately. The transactions in question will be investigated and a determination sent to the participant within twenty (20) business days.