If you are contacted for an interview, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- You are individually responsible for what you say to media. Most reporters will not allow to you see or edit the piece before publication or broadcast.
- There is no such thing as "off the record." Speaking to the media is a choice. It is OK to say yes. It is OK to say no. It is OK to not answer a question that makes you uncomfortable, even if you have agreed to an interview.
- Before supplying information about students to a member of the media, please remember this is limited to directory information only. Members of the communication team are available to assist with preparation for interviews.
- Please notify the communication team (x3404) if you are contacted by a member of the media so we can track and promote the resulting coverage.
- All media who wish to come on the Grinnell campus should check in with the communication team. If you have concerns about media on campus, please notify communication (x3404). During the evenings and weekends, please notify Security (x4600).