The publications team serves the entire campus, producing more than 500 publications each year. It is essential that you allow adequate time for planning, writing, design, and production.
Tips for a great project
- Contact us when you first think you might need a publication.
- The sooner, the better!
- It may only be an idea at this point. We will help you conceptualize the publication you need, however preliminary the idea may be.
- Give yourself, and us, enough time.
- Minimum of 8 weeks for smaller jobs
- Up to 6 months for larger jobs
- Focus your time on business decisions.
- Who do you want to reach?
- What is your message?
- Consider photography, printing, and mailing costs in your budget.
- Consider creating an annual communication plan.
- Plan in advance what you will need in a given year, and when.
- Create a coordinated look and feel for posters, letters, postcards, etc.
- Get your projects in the queue well in advance.
Contact the publications team -- we are more than happy to help you coordinate your projects with our schedule.