...Investing in Grinnell, Together
One important way that Grinnell College contributes to the vitality of our local community is through financial support for local initiatives. This office administers the college's local contributions ranging from smaller donations and sponsorships to large capital investments.
- Micro Grants -- Smaller Donations and Sponsorships. Throughout the year, the college supports fundraising requests from local non-profit organizations.
- Community Mini-Grants. Annually, the office accepts applications for larger requests for support which are reviewed by a committee of faculty, staff and Grinnell College students from the local area.
- Major Gifts -- Large-Scale Community Investments. On an on-going basis, this office recommends and oversees large-scale community investments with a focus on capital improvements.
- Volunteer Matching Grants -- Employee Engagement. Community Enhancement & Engagement also administers two employee engagement programs for those who contribute their own time, energy and money to making Grinnell a great place to live.
All financial contributions focus on the strategic priorities of strengthening cultural, recreational, and educational opportunities in the local area as well as initiatives that enhance the safety, beauty, and economic vitality of our surroundings.
Support for Organizations Seeking Other Funding
- Letters of Support. Upon request, the office may also provide letters of support for local organizations seeking funding from other grant programs.
- Additional Local Grants. The office has compiled a short list of other organizations that have lent financial suppport to local initiatives.