Grant Resource Guide
PDF Grant Resource Guide: Grant Resource Guide
This guide was compiled as a resource for local non-profit organizations in Grinnell. It contains information on grant-making foundations that are active (or potentially active) in the state of Iowa or the Grinnell region. The creation of this guide was undertaken as a joint initiative with the Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation.
This list is not intended to be comprehensive, but reflects a handful of local partners.
Other Grants Available in the Grinnell Area
Grinnell College is proud to be one of many organizations that support community enhancement projects. Other organizations that lend financial suppport to local initiatives include:
- Poweshiek County Alliance. Arts and Culture, Community Affairs/Development, Education, Environment Education & Protection, Health, Historic Preservation, Human Services.
- Monsanto Fund. Strengthening farming communities.
- Claude W. & Dolly Ahrens Foundation. The Foundation does not accept external requests, but selectively invests in projects that impact the Grinnell Community and its neighboring small communities, especially parks and recreation, education and health.
- Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company. While the Grinnell Mutual Foundation supports large initiatives such as the Grinnell Mutual Family Aquatic Center and the Grinnell-Newburg Educational Excellence fund. Grinnell Mutual Community Relations support smaller initiatives on a year-round basis.
- Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation. Through the support of local donors, provides selective grants to regional priorities including education, financial aid for students, public libraries, healthcare, arts & culture, public affairs/community development, social services, agriculture/natural resources.
- Grinnell Area Arts Council. Mini-grants for local artists and art projects.
- Grinnell-Newburg Educational Excellence. Academic mini-grants for Grinnell-Newburg initiatives.