...Give With Money
Giving through Payroll Deduction is a great way to make a gift to the organizations that make a difference in Grinnell.
One employee's experience
"I'm surprised more faculty and staff don't take advantage of payroll deductions for their contributions to local causes. At the end of each year, I determine how much I want to give to organizations and charities here in Grinnell, divide it by 12, and send in my payroll deduction form for monthly contributions. The College does the rest. I know my gifts are made regularly and I don't have to budget for them in a lump sum throughout the year. Try it! I think you'll like it. It's a win for everyone."
-- Lesley Wright, Director of Faulconer Gallery; Lecturer in Art.
The Payroll Deduction Program was formalized in 2006 as a convenience to employees and a courtesy to local area charities. By spreading your donation over the course of a year, Payroll Deduction simplifies the giving process and makes it easier to budget for larger donations.
The Grinnell College Payroll Department will distribute your pledge over 12 months, beginning in January and ending in December. Keeping on a one-year cycle makes it possible for Grinnell College Payroll to provide this service for our employees. If you make a pledge after January, your pledge will be spread out over the remaining months of the year. If you would like to make a pledge for longer than 12 months, you will need to renew your pledge each calendar year.
To make this program manageable for our payroll department, this program directs funding to a limited number of local non-profits, including Grinnell College, Grinnell Regional Medical Center and select "umbrella" organizations that do work in our local area. For your convenience, we've developed an informational brochure describing each organization: 2013 NPO Information and Logos. For further information, please refer to each organization's website:
Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation (GPCF). GPCF accepts support for it's own operation, a community endowment fund, and other affiliate organizations and funds under its administrative "umbrella:''
- Communities for Literate Iowa Kids (CLIK)
- Drake Community Library Endowment
- Dr. Kevin W. Sterk Elementary Student Needs Endowed Fund
- Dollars for Scholars
- Grinnell-Newburg Educational Excellence (GNEE)
- Grinnell Area Arts Council Endowment
- Grinnell-Newburg High School Alumni Association
- Grinnell Historical Museum Fund
- Grinnell Regional Medical Center Endowment
- Imagine Grinnell
- Kids Against Hunger
- Lutheran Services in Iowa Endowment
- Mayflower Human Needs Endowment Fund
- Poweshiek County Empowerment
How to Authorize a Deduction Plan
1) Choose the organization(s) to which you would like to donate. Please note that some of these groups allow you to choose specific programs under their "umbrella" while others do not. To learn about the mission of each organization, please refer to the brochure and links above. 2) Download and print the payroll deduction pledge form. 2013 Payroll Deduction Form
***PLEASE NOTE: A hard copy of the payroll deduction pledge form was distributed through campus mail on Wednesday, December 5, 2012, along with an overview of the funds supported. The Grinnell Area Arts Council (GAAC) general fund was inadvertently omitted from the pledge form you received in campus mail. If you choose to direct funds to GAAC's general fund, please make note of this on the pledge form you received in campus mail or use the corrected form above.
3) Carefully complete and sign your pledge form. 4) Return your pledge form to the Office of Community Enhancement & Engagement. The Office of Community Enhancement & Engagement will direct your pledge form to the receiving charity and the Grinnell College payroll department.
***DEADLINE: To ensure that your pledge begins in January, please return your signed pledge form by December 28, 2012. If you make a pledge after January, your pledge will be distributed over the remaining months of the year.
5) Watch your paycheck for the deductions to begin. Deductions will begin with the paycheck following the time when your pledge form is received. Again, if you have questions about how your pledge is being processed, copies of your paperwork will be available at the charity and in the Payroll Department.
6) Get your questions answered. Please direct your questions to:
- General program questions: Community Enhancement & Engagement
- Details on the payments you've had deducted and scheduled for the future: Payroll Department
- Details on funds received (payments are sent quarterly from Grinnell College to each organization), and how the organization is allocating your gift: The receiving organization.