How do I lead a trip?
- Contact Alt Break so we can help you!
- Choose a co-leader.
- Decide what type of project(s) and/or organization(s) you would like to work with during the trip.
- Find a work site that will enable you to accomplish your goals
- Find free housing, ideally within the communtiy where you wil be working. You should ask your site for help finding housing.
What does Alternative Break look for in a leader?
This is the basic framework for the selection of leaders for an Alternative Break trip. A candidate must not be on any type of probation and must fulfill the basic characteristics of a desirable trip leader.
A candidate is...
- Not on academic or conduct probation
- In the minds of the coordinators, capable of leading an Alternative Break.
- Of second year standing or higher, unless:
- the candidate has comparable experience, as determined by the coordinators, or
- Candidate's co-leader is of second-year standing or higher, or
- Candidate can demonstrate competence.
Characteristics of a Trip Leader
- Capable of making both consensus, quick, and emergency decisions
- Motivated to serve