How to request a needed accommodation
Accommodations are available for persons with disabilities as guests of the College. If you need an accommodation to attend an event that is open to the public, contact either the department sponsoring the event or the Office of Safety and Security (641-269-4600), and they will assist you with the accommodation that you need.
Examples of requests include:
- location of the accessible entrance - see Accessible campus map below
- wheelchair seating availability
- closer parking for mobility limitations
- Listen Technology hearing boosters
- sign language interpreters - this service needs at least two weeks lead time
- real-time captioning - this service needs at least one week lead time
- text in alternative format
For many of these accommodations, the College is utilizing the services of outside contractors and therefore requests must be submitted at least 5 business days prior to the event. Please submit any requests as soon as possible to ensure that they can be carried out as needed. If the request is not submitted in enough time to fulfill the request, you will be notified that the accommodation cannot be made.