Exercises of Commencement
The Grinnell College Commencement ceremony is traditionally held the Monday before Memorial Day weekend at 10 a.m.
- The Exercises of Commencement will be available via livestream and video will be posted on the homepage following the event.
- Twitter followers may get Commencement updates at twitter.com/grinnellcollege.
The ceremony provides a capstone to a weekend full of concerts, receptions, and other events that showcase and celebrate the achievements of the graduates and their time at Grinnell.
Commencement Information Please call (641) 269-3235 with any questions regarding Commencement Weekend.
- President's Social Graduates and their families are invited to a reception and social with the President of the college.
- Commencement Vocal Concert With performances by the Grinnell Singers, and several of the student-led a capella groups, this concert is an hour of enjoyable music.
- Senior Showcase A fun-filled event that gives the graduating seniors a change to show off their performing talents. Expect singing, dancing and other activities to fill the stage.
- Baccalaureate This non-religious ceremony includes short addresses by two faculty and two members of the senior class and awarding of the honorary class memberships. Faculty and student speakers, as well as honorary class members, are chosen by the graduating class.
- Honor G Awards A by-invitation event honors athletes for their achievements.
- Commencement Picnic Graduates, their families, faculty and staff are invited to join in a picnic following the commencement ceremony.