As a member of the campus community, you can submit an event or notice to the Campus Memo by logging in to the Memo's online submission system.
To include your item in the printed Memo on Tuesday, the deadline is Monday at noon.
Please note: For an event to be included in the Memo, you must first add it to the College Calendar.
Once your event is on the Calendar, you have the choice to submit the event and its details to the Memo. Please note: if the event information is changed it may take overnight for the changes to be reflected in the current Memo.
Submission Guidelines and Suggestions
- Submit all events to the College Calendar before submitting to the Campus Memo.
- The Memo's first page shows only ten days' worth of events. However, you can enter your event to the Memo even if you are entering it far in advance. It will automatically show on the proper day.
- Notices (non-event entries) should be submitted at least one day prior to the intended Memo's publication date. They will automatically be entered into two weeks' Memos unless there is a date/deadline that precludes a second week.
- The Memo communicates college-related or college-sponsored events and notices of interest to the campus community. Events must either be held on the campus, sponsored by a campus organization/department or a combination of both.
- Event entries appear chronologically. Your event will automatically be placed on its proper date.
- Updating an event on the Calendar will automatically change the date, time or place in the Campus Memo. Therefore, we recommend date, time and place information be omitted from your Memo entry, as this will automatically be pulled from the Calendar.
- The first 150 characters of your entry will show on the Memo, and readers can click for more information. We recommend you make these first sentences descriptive instead of restating your headline, date, time or place.
- Select all the appropriate audience group (i.e. Students, Faculty/Staff Interest, General Public/Community).
- You are welcome to provide an Internet address (URL) where additional event details may be found. The Campus Memo will link directly to the URL. No PDF links, please.
- Surround campus e-mail contacts with brackets: [username]
- When specifying campus phone extensions, please abbreviate: ext.1234 or x1234.