Conference Operations and Events
Phone: (641) 269-3178
Joe Rosenfield ’25 Center, Room 206
The mission of Conference Operations is to be a resource for students, faculty, staff and external customers by serving as the heart of campus event coordination, and to support/sustain the mission of the College to be a “lively academic community” and to foster an environment conducive to “free inquiry and the open exchange of ideas.”
• Provide one-stop event planning/scheduling services including the reservation of all campus spaces (with few exceptions) for college and non-college events.
• Publish the weekly Campus Memo, a newsletter for all of campus that is published electronically during the school year.
• Plan and coordinate the Scholars’ Convocation Series, the Public Events Concert Series, and Commencement Weekend as well as other large-scale campus events (e.g. dedications, commemorations) as needed.
• Work with non-college groups to rent facilities, and coordinate large-scale conferences during non-academic times. This includes events of all sizes including weddings, one-time meetings, private events, and conferences of various sizes and length.
• Schedule and coordinate campus guest housing.