You've got a reason to celebrate, and now you need a special place in which to do so. Grinnell College has several spaces for you to consider for your wedding or reception. From traditional Herrick Chapel, to contemporary sites, to outdoor ceremonies, we've got it all! Schedule a tour of campus to determine which space is perfect for you.
A Note on Dates
Due to Grinnell's nature as an academic institution, we are unable to host wedding receptions over 100 people during the academic year.
Contact Conference Operations and Events to determine availability.
To schedule Herrick Chapel for a wedding contact Conference Operations and Events at (641) 269-3178. Grinnell College does not schedule weddings during the last six weeks of each semester in order to allow for Music Department concert scheduling.
- Discuss your date. Contact Conference Operations and Events to determine which dates are available, and what options might be open to you.
- Schedule a tour. A tour is the best way to see what site suits your style.
- Contact Catering. If you are planning a reception or rehearsal dinner on campus, contact Grinnell College Catering at (641) 269-3665 to determine budget options. You must speak with Conference Operations before talking to Catering.
- Finalize your date and locations. Once you finalize your date and location of wedding and/or reception, Conference Operations will send you a proposal with estimates for space use and any rental equipment, and a contract for you to sign and return. You will receive a separate estimate from Catering after final meal selections have been determined.
- Sign and return your contract to Conference Operations. From here it's easy! We'll keep in touch to make sure we've got all the details covered.