Resources for Faculty
The Dean's Office provides resources for faculty development. Below are some of the resources (consult the Dean's Office site for more information most relevent to EKI-related efforts).
- Guidelines for stipends and other support for EKI course dev_0.pdf
- Instructional Support Committee
- Teaching and Learning Colloquia - The Office of Interdisciplinary Studies will offer a number of faculty-led discussions of issues related to interdisciplinary teaching and models for teaching interdisciplinary courses.
- Faculty-to-Faculty Tutorials: There is support for tutorials and mentorships with other Grinnell faculty or with faculty from participating institutions. You might also think about auditing a colleague's course.
- HHMI - Grants available to Science Division faculty, providing course relief in order to audit a colleague's course in a different specialty.
- New Directions Fellowship - Grants available to faculty within three years of tenure or tenured faculty in the humanities or social sciences who have a research interest that would require formal training in a discipline other than the one in which they are expert.
- Mellon Faculty Career Enhancement
- Common Interest Workshops- organized among the member colleges of the ACM and addressing issues shared by several of the institutions
- Mellon Faculty Workshops
- Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship Program and Consortium for Faculty Diversity These two programs can help individuals and departments by bringing new scholars to campus for one or two years. Departments can take advantage of the courses taught by post-doctoral and dissertation fellows to free up individuals interested in teaching an interdisciplinary course. Other options are to team-teach with a fellow as a way of gaining expertise in a new area, and having the fellow provide advice on how to incorporate a new area in the department's or concentration's offerings. CFD fellows offer one to two courses per year (depending on whether they are dissertation or post-doctoral fellows), which can provide similar course release