Guidelines for Named Chair Scholarship Support Funds
Committee on Support of Faculty Scholarship, May 2002
- Named chairs may use funds in any category allowed by standard faculty travel or scholarship support guidelines. Expenses in categories not allowed by the guidelines (e.g. books, computers, journal subscriptions) will be allowed only with permission of the Dean of the College.
- Maxima for airfares, total for trips, etc. will not apply for named chairs.
- Maximum per diem for meals will apply to named chairs' expenditures.
- Named chairs may apply to the Committee for Support of Faculty Scholarship for additional funds beyond their named chair allowance, but such an application should explain how the named chair allowance was used and why additional funds are needed. These requests will compete with other faculty requests for funds.
- Any agreements that named chairs had prior to the publication of this document will be honored.