Our state-of-the-art Marketplace offers multiple choices, freshly prepared, for our students and guests at each meal.
What's "On the Menu" in Dining Services at Grinnell College?
Grinnell College Dining Services is located in the Joe Rosenfield '25 Center. The operation features an "all-you-care-to-eat" (AYCE) marketplace and an a la carte grill.
The AYCE marketplace dining operation was sized to allow for the consolidation of Quad and Cowles dining facilities. In the new facility, many of the menu offerings are prepared directly in front of the customer. This concept is known as marketplace or Marché dining. When Grinnell College students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors enter the new facility, they are greeted by a:
- Wok Station, preparing fresh stir-fry. Look for the stir-fry selection of the day!
- Pizza Station, serving "pies" fresh out of the oven!
- Grill Station, preparing hot sandwiches to order, among other grilled favorites
- Vegan Station, serving multiple offerings
- Pasta/Sauce Station, preparing various pasta dishes; a variety of sauces are available
- Eggs to Order Station, preparing to-order omelettes and other egg dishes
- "At Home" Station, serving traditional favorites such as rotisserie, carved meats and mashed potatoes
- Salad/Soup Bar, with a specialty salad of the day
- Deli Bar, serving fresh meats and sandwich toppings
- Dessert Bar, offering goods from our in-house bakery
- Soft Serve Ice Cream Station
- Belgian Waffle Station
- Cereal/Bread Station, offering a variety of cereals and bread for toasting
- Beverage Station(s)
The new a la carte grill operation replaced the campus Forum Grill, and was designed with more cooking equipment, therefore a wider selection of menu offerings are available to the campus community.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Monday through Friday
11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday through Sunday
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
The Marketplace takes board and guest meals (from student meal plans), dining dollars, campus cash, employee dining discount meals, and cash. Guest prices are Hot Breakfast (M-F) $6.50; Continental Breakfast (Sat) $5; Lunch $8.50; and Dinner $11.50. Children 6-12 years of age are $5.00 per person, regardless of the meal they are attending, and children 5 and under are free. Guests are always welcome!