Questions and Answers About the Financial Aid Process
|New Students||Returning Students|
What types of financial aid programs can I apply for by completing the Grinnell College Office of Student Financial Aid application process?
You can apply for the following federal, state, or need-based institutional financial aid. Question 2 lists the forms that must be completed.
- Federal Pell Grant -- a federal grant based on expected family contribution
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) -- a federal need-based grant of limited funding
- Iowa Tuition Grant -- a state grant based on financial need and expected family contribution
- Grinnell Grant -- an institutional grant based on financial need
- Federal Perkins Loan -- a long-term federal loan administered by Grinnell College
- Grinnell College Loan -- a long-term institutional loan
- Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Direct/Stafford Loans -- long-term federal loans
- Federal Work-Study -- federally subsidized student employment