|A Few Things To Know|
|Financial Aid at Grinnell||What if My Parents Refuse to Pay for My College Cost?|
|Family Share of Expenses||Limiting Student Debt|
|Change of Circumstances||Continued Eligibility|
|Terms and Conditions||Cancellations and Withdrawals|
Financial Aid at Grinnell
In 2010-2011, Grinnell awarded approximately $42.7 million in scholarships, grants, work, and loans; $37.7 million of that was gift aid. In addition, our students' net tuition and fees cover only 30 percent of the actual educational costs at Grinnell. Income from the endowment, alumni gifts, and private philanthropy makes up the other 70 percent.
Most financial aid is awarded on the basis of need; however, need is not considered when determining your eligibility for admission to Grinnell.
Awards are generally mailed at the time of the admission decision. The college requires admittance before an award is offered. Financial aid is awarded on an annual basis and may be adjusted in subsequent years if the family's financial situation or number in college changes.
If you receive financial aid, you may apply that aid, including grant aid, toward approved off-campus study programs.